The Hamilton Blues Society exists to document, preserve and promote the performance and history of blues music and musicians in Hamilton, Ontario and the surrounding region.
- that the blues genre of music is a foundational and integral part of our community’s music scene, and that Hamilton has a unique style and history of blues music which is worth discovering, fostering, and sharing.
- in contributing to our artistic and business community with a spirit of cooperation, respect, and support.
- in the value of nurturing musicians and upholding the ideals of the music profession.
- in creating and promoting an open, inviting community where local musicians are encouraged to cooperate, create and perform their own music, and to promote a greater experience of our local blues music within the Hamilton region and beyond.
The Hamilton Blues Society is committed to raising the profile of blues music through various activities, including:
1. Regular club event nights (including jam nights and workshops);
2. Developing and promoting blues music artistry and experience in younger and beginner musicians;
3. Developing blues music expertise and competence;
4. Bandstand performances and showcases for up-and-coming new bands;
5. Gig Guide including Hamilton and surround regions;
6. Festival shows and reviews;
7. Support of artists, festivals, and venues playing blues music;
8. Collaboration with other blues music organizations to foster, develop and promote blues music and musicians in Hamilton, ON, around the province, across the country, and overseas;
9. Facilitating member discounts at supporting businesses and musical stores around Hamilton.
The Hamilton Blues Society is confident that the blues genre of music is one with which many in our community would like to have greater experience. We desire to create an environment where people can explore their own musical tastes either by making music or enjoying someone else’s music. The Hamilton Blues Society sees the blues genre of music as an integral part of our community’s music scene.
John M. Crawford, President
Bill Watson, Interim Treasurer
Glen Brown, Secretary
Not For Profit Status
The Hamilton Blues Society is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporation Act (NFP Act). There are no owners of the Society. Membership is open to anyone who subscribes to the purpose and the Bylaws of the Society.